4th December 2019
The first 3 steps to build your Personal brand ready for your photoshoot
What is personal branding photography?
Personal branding photography is a collection of photos that represent the essence of you and your brand. They are important as they very quickly communicate who you are and what you do. As well as showing your processes and products, and what it’s like to work with you. It can also be a great opportunity to share your story; how you got to this point in your business and your future goals.
This is me and my own personal branding images below 🙂
Why do I need a personal brand?
We are living in a visual world where people scroll very quickly through websites and photos. It takes only 100 milliseconds to form an impression of someone after looking at a photo of their face (according to Alexander Todorov). So making sure you and your business give a great first impression is vital! Having a personal brand helps your audience connect to you straight away.
Seeing your personal brand and what you do behind the scenes will help people get a better understanding of your business. Putting your face to your business also shows people you’re just another human being so it will help them relate to you. People still prefer to talk to people after all. Being clear about your personal brand will help you know your business better too, so you can stick to your values and thrive. Professional photos will help show that your business is serious and that you are an expert in your field. That’s how you stand out amongst your competitors!
The first 3 steps to help you define your personal brand…
1. Define your purpose and values.
It is important to start by understanding your vision and mission for your personal brand. Does your brand reflect your values and what you are known for? Showing your values behind your brand will help others understand and relate to you, so they can engage with you on an emotional level too. Your personal branding photography journey will show your journey and beliefs so you are remembered and recognised by your audience.
- WHY do you do what you do?
- What’s your company Ethos? (i.e. your values and beliefs?)
- Who is your target market/ideal client?
- What keeps you inspired?
- What are you proud of or what do you love most about your job?
- How do you want your clients to feel when they buy your product or service?
2. Show your Products & Services in your Personal brand
It’s important to showcase your products and services. Consider if you are a photographer or a designer, you could present images or designs, or if you’re a stylist show a rack of clothes or working with a client to set a scene, or even create a table setting for a party or event planner. These images should showcase your work, your products and services and how it would fit into your client’s lives. Think about the style of your brand, you need to show your personality through your personal brand to attract your ideal client.
- What do you do & how do you do it?
- What do you sell?
- What’s the end result? How does it fit into your clients’ lifestyle?
- What’s your customer journey?
- Make a list of objects/props that represent you and your brand
3. Who are you in your personal brand?
Think about how you want to come across? A more serious business person, friendly, easy-going, eccentric, a free spirit? It all depends on your personal brand and you! This is all communicated through the clothes you wear, the things you like to do, your work location and products. So think about this carefully when planning your personal branding photoshoot.
- Write down a list of everything that makes you, you.
- What are you passionate about that’s associated with your brand?
- Write down 5 words to describe how you want to come across
- Location… Where would you want photos?
- What to wear… Do you have brand colours?
Make sure whatever you wear for your personal branding shoot goes well with your brand and makes you feel comfortable and confident!
Now you can start planning your Personal Branding shoot!
Contact me to book a free consultation and let’s start planning your personal branding shoot together 🙂
Leave a comment