4th July 2017
Going to a wedding this Summer? You’ll need your emergency survival kit!
Going to a wedding this Summer? You’ll need your wedding survival kit!
This emergency survival kit list covers just the contingency supplies, since we hope you’d never leave out your makeup, bottled water, or phone on the big day. (Don’t forget those!) Pack up your wedding survival kit in a tote bag or tackle box, keep it easily accessible in the bridal prep room and during the dinner and/or reception, and hope you never need to use it.
But if you do need to use it, you’ll be a hero. And if you don’t? Just save it for your next friend to walk down the aisle.
The Emergency survival kit List.. (Take note!)
1. Mini sewing kit with scissors, needles, thread, buttons, and safety pins: For those “make it work” moments.
2. Tweezers: From stray hairs to splinters, you never know when you’ll need these nimble helpers.
3. Tampons/panty liners: Even if you don’t need one, someone else will.
4. Nail polish (one clear top coat; one in the shade you’re wearing) and a nail file: Polish chips and stocking runs don’t stand a chance.
5. Tissues: For those happy tears (and any accidental eye pokes with mascara wands).
6. Mini first aid kit with Plasters, burn relief, bandages, and antiseptic: Safety first!
7. Medicine (pain reliever, allergy medicine): Take precautions for the big three issues that can attack at any moment—especially under stress: headaches, allergies, and indigestion.
8. Sunscreen: Even if the wedding is indoors, if the wedding party will be outside for photos, make sure to have this on hand. (Depending on your climate, add bug spray for the same reason. Unscented for both!)
9. Deodorant: Chances are, someone probably forgot to use it this morning.
Half Way Through..
10. Super Glue: For fixing shoes, nails, jewellery, head pieces, and more.
11. Stain remover pen: For spills and would-be stains on the dresses. (God forbid!)
12. Lighter: For sealing the edge of frayed ribbons.
13. Lint roller: Especially helpful for the groom and groomsmen’s suits.
14. Cash: Just in case! Include some change in case the bride suddenly decides the only thing she needs is a soda from that machine down the hall.
15. Dental floss/toothpicks: Just in case those snacks in the bridal suite try to overstay their welcome.
16. Phone charger(s): The bride is stuck in the makeup chair, her phone’s about to die, but she needs to call the caterer. Suddenly, you’re a lifesaver.
17. Toothbrush and toothpaste: It’s not uncommon for a bride to be so excited when she wakes up that she forgets to brush her teeth.
18 Hair elastics and bobby pins: You can never have too many on hand. (Add hairspray and a comb/brush while you’re at it.)
19. Alcohol: When all else fails, a little liquid courage is the ultimate backup. Have a couple hip flasks of the bride’s favourite spirit handy… just in case.
Here is what is currently in my wedding survival kit!
Did we miss anything on your must-have wedding emergency survival kit list? Share your tips for getting hitched without a hitch on my social media comments!
To book a shoot, please Contact Me and we can get you booked in. I’d love to hear from you.
Love Ginny x
Leave a comment